Saturday, February 16, 2013

Quick Update: Our First Week as WW

Our first week as official Weight Watchers was mostly a success. Since starting to watch his diet two weeks ago, Brandon is down 8 pounds, which I think is pretty awesome! I just put together the menu for this week and will be headed to the store later. My mom lent us a great Points Plus cookbook that was helpful in coming up with new recipes that aren't "grilled chicken breast and veggies."

Unfortunately, the Breakfast Cookies that tasted so great when I first made them did not survive the transition to freezing at all well. The texture got really gross and Brandon refused to eat them after a single bite. Too bad, they seemed like such a great idea. The Travel Omelettes turned out okay, but I think I cooked them too long. Next time I will adjust the cook time from 35 minutes to 25-30 minutes.

Our best dinners this week were of the grilled meat and veggies persuasion, I'm afraid. Once with flank steak and once with chicken. We also had veggie-beef soup twice. Valentine's Day was kind of a Cheat Day, so we had In'n'Out -- so romantic, right?! For lunches, we alternated between dinner leftovers, grilled chicken salad, and cold pasta salad. All were a big hit. Brandon also got veggies with hummus and fruit along with the main dish.

This week, I'm going to bake a "clean" banana bread recipe I found on Pinterest that substitutes applesauce and honey for the oil and sugar. We can have slices of that for breakfast along with more Travel Omelettes. Lunches will be dinner leftovers again, and some Mexican chicken wraps with black beans/corn and salsa. Dinner ideas include pork tenderloin and veggies, chicken fried rice, baked whole wheat pasta, frittata, and chicken Parmesan.

I am enjoying the healthy food, although I've had to cheat a little to keep my weight up as I dropped a couple pounds this week on accident. The chocolate-covered strawberries Brandon gave me for Valentine's Day probably helped since I finished them off in two days. Man, I am going to miss my breastfeeding metabolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment