Monday, May 6, 2013

My neighborhood is so cute.

Our new neighborhood is so cute. It's the first place I can remember living that has that old-school neighborhood feel. Many of the families on our street have owned their houses for more than 20 years, and now have multiple generations and extended family living in them as well, so there are lots of people and lots of kids. Most of them hang out in their front yard rather than the back, so there's always lots of bustle and goings-on outside, and lots of waving as you come and go. Last night some of the kids across the street were sent over to ask for a spare onion, and we had one to give. I thought it was adorable, haha. I'm sure they probably think Brandon and I are very stuck-up, but we are trying to be as friendly as our shy and reserved natures allow.

I've been going on a walk or run with Lucas nearly every morning after breakfast, which has been great for me and I think he likes the fresh air too. There's a perfect loop around the nearby elementary school and park that seems to be between 1/2 to 3/4 mile long, so I go around three times and I'm set. We go about the same time every day and see a lot of the same people -- old man with gorgeous dog, smile-y couple exercising, handsome man walking to work, man in wheelchair chilling on his front driveway. I really feel like I'm a part of a community (Lady with jogging stroller). It's fun!

Updates have been sporadic lately, I know. I've been spending my occasional free minute working on Lucas's digital baby book. It's turning out so well! I'm using Shutterfly. My mom helped out by uploading a ton of photos for me to use. I'm feeling so nostalgic as we approach Lucas's birthday and as I'm going through all the baby photos from the last year.

I'll be back on Friday with Lucas's birth story and probably also some sappy reflection on his first year in our lives and photos from his birthday party. My Biggest Boy is in his final week of baby-hood! I'm still claiming the baby title until his actual birthday, even if he's technically "toddling" a bit now.

2 comments:

  1. Lil' Sir will always be your baby, so I think you can keep that title as long as you like! Can't wait to see all the birthday pix and the first year album, which I'm sure is going to be oozing cuteness. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will love the Shutterfly book. We did one for his first 6 months and it was a great success. Planning on another for 6-12 months then one per year after that. We sent the link to our family and they were able to print off one of their own so it saved us loads of money. I am so happy to hear about your new neighborhood. It really makes all the difference when you love where you live.

    ReplyDelete