Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weaning etc.

As of yesterday, my Biggest Boy is no longer nursing. I feel like I should write up a whole reflection about breastfeeding because it's been such a wonderful experience, but I feel weird writing a whole blog entry about my boobs so I'll probably refrain. Suffice it to say, I'm very lucky to have had the experience I did and I'm feeling very sad about deciding to stop. Lucas took to weaning very well over the past month and luckily he's still a terrible sleeper so I still get lots of snuggles before naps and bedtime.

Life is still nice and busy these days, with lots of playdates and visits to the park. I was saying to someone recently that I feel guilty as a SAHM for loving my life so much. It's like I should go back to work so I can be a little more miserable because it's unfair to everyone else for me to be this happy.  Or maybe I should just try to do a little more housework, that might even things up a bit for me. Or I could even try again to teach my child to fall asleep on his own. That would ratchet up the misery right away.

We found an amazing babysitter that we love. She runs the nursery program at our church, and is wonderful with kids. We had her over to watch Lucas last weekend while we saw Man of Steel and grabbed some lunch, and it all went swimmingly. Lucas has been having a little separation anxiety with me since then, but it could be unrelated. Poor guy also has at least one molar on its way in and he's having a rough time of it.

I'm not sure I have too much to say today, I just thought I should commemorate the End of Nursing somehow. Another reason to be sad: no more extra 500 calories a day for me. Time to return to pre-pregnancy eating habits, boo. Secret milkshakes I bought while Brandon was at work, I will miss you most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment