Friday, June 28, 2013

Why am I happy today?

Did you know that people in China, Russia, Australia, Belgium, Spain, South Korea, and Israel have looked at this piddly little blog? I don't know how on earth anyone in these places found this blog or why it seemed interesting enough to check out. Unless they are spambots or something, which seems more likely.

What am I happy about today?

I am happy that DOMA was overturned and that Prop 8 was too.

I am happy that my house doesn't get as hot as our old one did, even when the temperatures are pushing triple-digits this week.

I am happy that friends gave us their old portable AC that we're going to install tomorrow.

I am happy that I get to meet friends at Miguel's tonight for drinks and delicious white queso.

I am happy to have an excuse to go to Target today.

I am happy that we finally seem to be making some progress with sleep training Lucas. He still needs us to be in the room, but we can sit by the crib quietly and he will fall asleep without additional soothing.

I am happy that my family is coming to visit in less than two weeks!

I am happy that my son has been napping for an entire hour. I probably should have gotten more housework done.

1 comment: