Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Lucas Goes to Comic-Con

I love the idea of Comic-Con. All geeky stuff, all the movies I want to see, people in awesome costumes. I'm all for it. The thing is, Comic-Con is crazy expensive and crazy crowded. So I'm not interested in buying a ticket so I can see the Joss Whedon/Hunger Games/insert other awesome panel here, waiting in line for 4+ hours (on the short end) and more than likely not even getting into said panel. So I don't bother. (I wish they sold half-tickets so I could just walk the convention hall though!)

That said, the atmosphere at Comic-Con is such fun, I wanted Lucas to experience it. So we headed down on the Friday of the 4-day convention to people-watch and take in the fun. It was my first time taking Lucas on the trolley, too, and it went quite well.

We mainly just walked around the outside of the Convention Center and hung out in a picnic area to watch the crowds, but I had a great time and I think my tiny Superman did too!

A little weirded out by the trolley but he liked it
They changed all the text at the trolley stop to Game of Thrones style

Right when we got off the trolley there was an awesome giant robot!

Rocking the cape

Cool giant Hobbit Lego structure

Running around after being trapped in the stroller
I can take you, bat boy

Learning to fly



1 comment:

  1. It must have been really windy for his cape to fly like that.

    Thank you for instilling in my heart the great idea to take this field trip with Drew next year.

    ReplyDelete