Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lucas at 15 months

Lucas is 15 months old now! That's a year and a quarter, for those keeping track at home, aka REALLY OLD. We had his 15-month checkup this week, and he's in his pre-growth spurt phase of being very chubby without having grown more than half an inch since his last checkup. I'll be surprised if he hasn't shot up quite a bit by the time we go back in November for the 18 month checkup. He weighs about 28.5 lbs now and is still wearing 24mo/2T clothes. He has 9 full teeth and another molar about halfway through.

Our boy is the strong silent type, meaning he's not talking yet. We get an occasional Mama or Dada thrown our way, and he uses some of the same sounds for certain requests (for example, asking for a drink is always an emphatic BA! followed by pointing), but other than that, nothing. He's quite good at pointing and saying "eh, eh, eh," though, which is reportedly all the talking his mother did until she was creeping up on two years old. And look how well I turned out, right?! I'm not too worried yet and neither is his doctor, so we'll follow up on this at the next appointment if he's still not talking at all.

He's just about made it up to a running speed on his mobility, although he face plants fairly often when he tries it. I think his fine motor is pretty good too -- he loves working straws in and out of our insulated drinking cups that I keep ice water in all day. He's still quite funny and extremely active; I always roll my eyes at bit when I hang out with my moms group and their toddlers will happily sit in strollers for literally hours at a time while mine is begging to get out and move around after 30 minutes.

We do our best to tire him out every day, but it looks like he's about ready to drop his second nap which will bring him down to one 1.5 hour nap daily, tops. Ugh, sucks to be mommy. I will miss my afternoon snack and reading time, as he seems more willing to drop the afternoon nap and just shift his morning nap to a little later in the day.

He's a great eater most of the time and we're trying to expand on the variety of foods he will eat. His favorite is still bananas, but he loves pretty much any soft fruit. Other big hits are peanut butter, string cheese, yogurt, and graham crackers. He is pretty cranky about veggies and meat, but we're making some progress.

I want to put in some of the awesome portraits we have from the family photos taken when my family came down for a week last month, but I don't have the files in hand yet. I'll try to remember to come back this weekend and post a few of the really good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment