Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Kauai Trip and Photos!

It's been a little while since I've posted! We had a great time on our recent trip to Kauai. It was hard to leave Lucas (he stayed at home with my mom, two aunts, and two cousins and did great!), but we were really glad to get away and relax for a few days.

Just arrived!


We woke up *really early on our first day and decided to make the long drive up Waimea Canyon on the opposite side of the island. It was beautiful and clear, we took lots of photos. We also had fun touring Kauai Coffee Co. on our way back. 




This is my new happy place, Poipu State Beach. We did some amazing snorkeling here and had a delicious lunch overlooking the beach. Our anniversary dinner was at a restaurant nearby, the Beach House, and was phenomenal. I ate so much delicious sushi and seafood on this trip!


I wasn't able to find Brandon as many waterfalls as I'd promised, but we did see these ones off the side of the road that were pretty good! Next time I'll remember to pack the guide book that explains how to find the rest of them.

Don't I look very relaxed and happy?

Spouting Horn

Kilauea Lighthouse on our last day. Rainy and muggy but still beautiful!
I don't have photos of all our delicious meals and afternoon naps, but they were probably my favorite part of the trip! We also had a great time "cave tubing," floating down old sugar plantation irrigation ditches one afternoon. Cold water, but very fun experience!

We also did a luau near our hotel, which was fun and had good food but didn't quite live up to Brandon's expectations! There was a guy who juggled fire knives though, so I think Brandon's expectations may have been a bit unrealistic.

An amazing trip! Happy four year anniversary to us.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great pictures and relaxation. Cheers to the amazing food.

    I presume the * before "really early" indicates *really is relative when you have a small child.

    ReplyDelete