Friday, November 8, 2013

Lucas's Vocabulary Update

Lucas has been on the slow side for language development, but he's really started to pick up new words in the last month or so, which is a lot of fun! Here is his current vocabulary.

Mama: He mostly says this when he's whining about something. But he did ask for me a couple times when we were in Kauai.

Dada: He doesn't use this one much, but sometimes! The other night, I was taking him to bed and said, "Night night Dada!" like usual. He piped up, "Bwa Wa Dada!" It was super cute.

Hi: His favorite word. Mostly directed towards trucks and buses.

Uh-Oh: Another favorite. He tries to tell us "uh oh" when he deliberately throws something. Not buying it, dude.

More: "Mo?" The Cutest. I have to stop myself from doing whatever he asks a million times because I love it so much. He also signs this one.

No: He mostly just shakes his head but we get the actual word now too.

Ball: "Ba!"

Banana: "Ba!" I swear, he's using them to mean different things!

Outside: "Ah-eye?"

Car: "Ka!" This is a new one. I swear I heard it yesterday, though, while pointing at my car.

Book: Sometimes he'll say "Buh?" but I'm not sure he knows it yet. He does sign book very deliberately though.

Light: This one is sign only.

Please: Sign only and sporadic.

Want: This is a sign he invented himself. He uses the sign for "milk" but means it as anything he wants you to do, whether that's getting him a drink or playing whatever game he wants.

Sing Itsy Bitsy Spider: Not exactly a sign, but he does twist his wrists around to get you to sing this song. It's too cute to leave out.

Here are a few recent photos!

Fun at the pumpkin patch!

Hanging with Grandpa

Ready to watch Clifford, his fave big red dog

Playtime at the Park

Halloween memories! Haha

Smaug just wants to play cars

Smaug and Bilbo

Trick or treating! 

Backyard silliness

In his fireplace fort playing trucks

No comments:

Post a Comment