Thursday, January 10, 2013

Eight Months Old

It seems impossible that my son is eight months old. He disagrees - as with most babies, he is sure in a hurry to learn and grow as fast as he possibly can.

In the last month, he's learned to clap his hands, pull up to a standing position, get from his tummy into a seated position, and take a few "steps" crawling. He definitely hasn't mastered any of these aside from clapping, but he's suddenly becoming so mobile so quickly! It's making my head spin.

On the other hand, he's also become very Mama-centric in the last month as well. If he can see me, he usually wants to be in my lap; that is, crawling all over me like I'm a damn jungle gym. It seems like a bit of early separation anxiety maybe? He's usually fine with Brandon holding him, and will still let strangers hold him as long as he's in a good mood.

His sleeping is about as it has been: we still rock him to sleep, but he's much easier to transfer into the crib and in the past few weeks has been sleeping through the night most nights, or else he's only up once and goes right back down.

He also managed to get RSV last week, which has turned into bronchiolitis.  Many younger and smaller babies end up in the hospital with a similar diagnosis. Since my son is such a tank, it seems mostly like a bad cold. I think we're over the worst of it now.

An estimate of his size at 8 months is 23.5 pounds and 28.5 inches long. That's fairly average size, isn't it? /sarcasm

Here are a few photos from the past month:


Playing at the park!


Thoughtful and curious.


Santa brought me yogurt dots! Score!


I love my new activity cube!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! That activity cube is impressive! Love all the pics and snark. :D

    ReplyDelete