Saturday, March 16, 2013

Scatterbrain Updates

Sorry I've been MIA for the last week or so. I wanted to write a 10-month update for Lucas, but frankly I can't really think of anything to say. He didn't hit any significant new milestones this month. We're starting to work on sleep training a bit, but there's no point in writing about that until we've made a little more progress. He is VERY resistant and I am currently resentful toward all babies that fall asleep easily. So if you have one, keep it to your damn self.

The thing I REALLY want to write about I have to hold off on for another 4 weeks. Sneak Preview: It rhymes with "less crow." Hopefully we'll have a fun announcement to make in early April.

To be honest, we've gotten a little derailed on Weight Watchers, but we plan to recommit this week.

I've been hanging out with a mom's group based in East County. The moms are nice but I haven't quite gotten the hang of them yet. Brandon says I'm being too "fancy." I dressed all preppy and cute for the first park meetup and they were all in yoga pants and/or covered in tattoos. Then for the picnic last week I made these delicious cucumber tea sandwiches with dill-green onion cream cheese (that were such a hit at Laura's shower in January). Besides me, I think one mom ate one teeny sandwich triangle. I had to bring the rest home, and the next day they were all soggy and gross and I had to throw them out. Pigs in blankets it is next time, I guess.

I found a fun "Novel Workbook" in the clearance rack at Target the other day. It was put together by the creators of NaNoWriMo. I'm having fun playing around with it when I have a free minute. It's mostly just little creative brainstorming exercises. Much easier than actually sitting down to write a novel, but I like having something creative to put my mind to on the rare occasion that Lucas is napping and I don't need to shower or prepare food. But I've been throwing around this haunted hotel story idea since about 2006 so I'm interested to see if I can make anything of it.

Last week, the 'on' switch broke off our dryer, the washing machine broke completely, and the Blu Ray player seems to be on its last legs. Annoying to have to replace the washer four weeks before a move, but less annoying than trying to keep Lucas entertained at a Laundromat (I shudder at the prospect). We're living with the other two for now, hopefully we can replace them soon.

Tonight I am making Cooking Light lobster po' boys with a spicy remoulade coleslaw. I've made it before with shrimp and it was amazing. No corned beef for us this weekend, and I'll be having chardonnay instead of Guinness. Guess I'm just too "fancy."

Okay, I think that's enough random updates for now. I'll try to update more this week if I can think of a topic and if I can get caught up on the mountain of laundry that's managed to accumulate since the washing machine broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment