Monday, May 5, 2014

My 31st Birthday!

I wanted to write a quick birthday post about myself before we move on to the Main Event (Lucas's second birthday) next week. Since 31 isn't a particularly momentous birthday, we didn't plan anything as elaborate as last year. All I really wanted was a fun outing with Brandon and Lucas, especially since this birthday fell on a Saturday. Brandon suggested heading out to Coronado Island, which is about my favorite place in all of San Diego, so I thought it was a perfect idea!

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't quite as perfect as usual and there was a lot of wind. So much wind that Lucas wouldn't really stay on the beach for more than about ten minutes; and all he would do is whine and ask for Brandon to hold him. Guess he got his hatred of wind from me -- I'm not a big fan either. We snapped a few photos and moved on to a nice Coronado playground for some family playtime before lunch. For lunch we grabbed some pizza and then headed home for nap. Lucas was so wiped out from the new experience that he was asleep before we hit the freeway.

In the afternoon we relaxed as a family and watched Cars 2, which I wasn't impressed with at all but Lucas seemed to like. Brandon made me a delicious yellow birthday cake with homemade chocolate frosting and we had homemade cheeseburgers for dinner. After Lucas was in bed we rented a movie and had some cake and that was it! Welcome to 31. I also got some really nice and thoughtful presents from family and friends that were much appreciated.

Here are a few photos from our day! Most have been on Facebook already but now they can all be in one place.

Having fun for a minute before realizing how windy it was.

This guy LOVES his dada.

Family selfie!

Too windy for me!

Delicious cake courtesy of Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment